The Dulwichmum blog has moved. You can catch up with her at Dulwichmum

If you have kindly linked to this site in the past, I would appreciate it if you could check your link and change to http://www.dulwichmum.net
Thanks

Wednesday 15 November 2006

The Number 3 Bus

Sitting on the number 3 bus home tonight, I was in front of the most amusing characters. I was afraid I was going to laugh out loud on more than one occasion. I wish I had been able to use my hi-tech mobile phone properly, because apparently it is a tape recorder. It is also a note book, a calculator, an MP3 player, satellite navigation, a camera, and it makes films too. I don’t know how to use it for any of that. I can just about send texts and emails, but most of the time, I can’t even get it to be a phone. A tape recording of this conversation they were having would have been priceless. Their conversation went something like this……….

“Money can’t buy you happiness.

No, no, it can’t.

The Chief Executive is welcome to his bonus for all the happiness it will provide him with. I wouldn’t want it.

No, me neither….

You see that Paul McArtney? He can’t buy happiness and he has more money than any of us.

Yes, yes he has.

His wife Linda, she had cancer. Private jets and hospitals all over the world at his disposal, but he couldn’t save her, no she died. Money can’t buy you your health. It can’t buy you happiness.

No, no.

He tried to buy happiness, he married that Heather with the big breasts and no leg. He bought her for sure, and she is going to get half of everything now. She will learn, she can’t buy happiness. It will not bring you luck.

No, no.

She can’t buy a new leg can she.

No.”

No comments: