The Dulwichmum blog has moved. You can catch up with her at Dulwichmum

If you have kindly linked to this site in the past, I would appreciate it if you could check your link and change to http://www.dulwichmum.net
Thanks

Monday, 25 February 2008

Accessories

Coasting through Brixton this morning (OHMYGOD! What a horrific journey I am forced to endure each day) in my gleaming Audi Q7 (to hell with the damn congestion charge) I noticed a woman wandering past The Body Shop wearing nothing but a pair of imitation Ugg Boots and a child's silver plastic tiara!!! She must have been older than my mother...

I don't quite know how to process this;

Was I horrified that this woman had clearly lost her mind?
Was I sensitised because this post menopausal female had so obviously lost her figure?
Was I simply shocked by her lack of ability to accessorize?
Or, have I simply realised the full implications of care in the community?

I really am terribly current with all things political you know.

8 comments:

@themill said...

..and you didn't vomit?

dulwichmum said...

Sweet @themill,

Why of course I did!

Mrs-Inaction-Man said...

The question one must ask oneself in these situations is: would you have felt less nauteous if the "lady" in question was wearing proper UGGs and carrying a Mulberry Mabel?

dulwichmum said...

Darling Mrs-inaction-man (would you mind if I called you Derek?),

I think that you and I both know the answer to that one, although I must admit that I would still remain slightly sensitised by the experience. Uggs are afterall so last year!

Rosie said...

OH MY GOD - you vomited in your Audi Q7????

dulwichmum said...

Darling Rosie,

thank you so much for your concern. As I am a lady of many talents, I managed to vomit strategically into the au pairs handbag. I was dropping her to language school in Brixton - and well, I would never dream of throwing up into my own...

aims said...

Golly - I think I know that woman!

qqq said...

Coach bags
is famous for manufacturing the vast range of designer bags and using only he best quality raw material. Some other products offered by Coach include travel bags, wallets, watches, business cases, footwear as well as jewelry. What is your core heart wish? Is it to hold a Coach Ergo
? Can you afford to have a designer bag? If your answer to the last question is "no" then the following reading would be of great help to you.
You must know that it is not easy to obtain Coach Gallery
outlet coupons for shopping Coach Hamptons
and purses.