The Dulwichmum blog has moved. You can catch up with her at Dulwichmum

If you have kindly linked to this site in the past, I would appreciate it if you could check your link and change to http://www.dulwichmum.net
Thanks

Monday 20 August 2007

Special Present

This morning as I was preparing to wave my munchkins off to their daily summer camp with the au pair, darling Max asked me if he could have a "special present for being such a good boy," when he returns home this evening...

"Why of course you can diddums," I chirped. "Now tell me what you would like, a Spider man comic, a frozen yogurt, a great big kiss on your perfect nose?" I suggested.

"I would like some Immodium Melts,"said my poppet...

"I very beg your pardon darling boy," I demanded. What would possess my perfect five year old man to ask for anti-diarrhoea medication?

"Well," he replied, "it says on the TV that they melt in your mouth and help you enjoy your holidays"!

OH MY GOD!!!

Perhaps a sharp letter to the ombudsman is in order. Don't you think? No sooner have they removed advertising for junk food from morning television, when the powers that be encourage my darling boy turn to drugs!

NOTE TO SELF: Ana our au pair has become far too lazy of late - ten minutes of children's programmes each morning is clearly excessive...

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! That made me laugh...

dulwichmum said...

It's true! Little boys are simply amazing, Max has a rationale for everthing.

lady macleod said...

LOL that Max is right on top of things. Best not wait until matters have 'run" amuck!

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

LOL.

Perhaps the opposite of said melts would get the au pair moving...

Frog in the Field said...

Ha Ha! Fantastic.
My eldest used to quote adverts word for word, usually the slimming ones and ones for wrinkles!

dulwichmum said...

Dear Lady MacLeod,

You truly have a way with words!

Perfect M&M,

Indeed...

Lovely Frog,

The joys I have ahead of me!

Elsie Button said...

Dear DM, I left a comment on here this morning, did you delete it?

dulwichmum said...

Perfect Lovely Elsie,

No I certainly would never dream of deleting your comments - I look out for them. Where would it be?

Elsie Button said...

oh dear, I don't know where it's gone then, but I do remember that it was very funny and very intelligent.

This post was hilarious too!

East of Dulwich said...

How times have changed, last century, children were forced to take castor oil in order to bring about the opposite effect. Perhaps the child of today has no time for a daily movement in between extra tuition and extra-curricular activities.

DJ Kirkby said...

Sounds like something N3S would come out with and you can def see the logic in his statement!

Silvana said...

hahahhaha! x

Potty Mummy said...

Gosh, and I thought it took until my Husband's age before Immodium was used as a recreational drug. This also rings warning bells as my oldest boy (4) has just started to pick up on the ads in-between Monkey Business and Animal Arrivals. CBeebies only from now on, I think, (Controlling mother - moi?).

Rosie said...

Oh lovely Dulwich Mum, I've just cjecked out your site on returning from our hols and it made me laugh. The power of brand names is an interesting one. While we were away delightful IJ picked up a can of Stella Artois in a newsagents and said very loudly "Mummy do you want Coca Cola?" I felt quite mortified.

Rebecca said...

laxative as a treat! how...original. Certainly I think you must blame the au pair! ;)