The Dulwichmum blog has moved. You can catch up with her at Dulwichmum

If you have kindly linked to this site in the past, I would appreciate it if you could check your link and change to http://www.dulwichmum.net
Thanks

Wednesday 12 March 2008

environMENTAL

This morning I came to the obvious conclusion that the current media awareness drive aimed at children regarding environmental issues has gone far too far. My perfect poppet Max has discovered a frightful recycling game on the cbbc website just last Sunday morning and he has become obsessed, taking the protection of the environment to extremes ever since!

Perfect Max has insisted just this morning that he will have water poured on his breakfast cereal instead of milk! Apparently the methane produced by dairy cows is having a detrimental effect on the environment. The munchkin has begged us to turn down the heating and wear more clothes to keep ourselves warm, even asserting that we wash our clothes less often!!! The most outrageous suggestion of my tiny boy's campaign is that he has now insisted that I am to abstain from plugging in my straightening iron - OHMYGOD!

Naturally I do everything I can to support my perfect baby. I have decided that I will have my hair chemically straightened (what the darling does not know will not hurt him) - apparently it will save hours from my personal grooming routine each week, and perhaps the chemicals the hairdresser shall use will cause the atmosphere to heat up so significantly that our homes will all be warmer ...sigh.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a friend who is Vegan, what do you think about that? I think hes a bit crazy, but hes totally concerned about the environment isnt he? regards

Expat mum said...

I draw the line at water on cereal. Yuch. Almost as bad a Delia's powdered mash!

zoe said...

I'm worried about you dear. You actually listen to your kids?

Potty Mummy said...

Oh DM. What you do for your children...

Rosie said...

Oh Dulwich Mum haven't you heard? The perm is back in fashion. Why are you bothering to straighten your hair anyway?

dulwichmum said...

Darling Flats,

Apparently my baby boy is considering becoming a vegan. I know how he dreams of tasting chicken nuggets from McDonalds - I could break this obsession of his at any time you know!

Lovely Expatmum,

The poor boy, what a vile idea I know - but he is a stoic chap with the strength to follow his convictions. Clearly!

Perfect Celebrity Blogger Zoe (OHMYGOD!),

Obviously I have over indulged the munchkins. I shall wipe my hands of listening to my babies - I do everything you say.

Sweet Potty Mummy,

Just like you dear heart - a mother's love!

Dear Rosie,

Are you sure? I have the latest copy of Vogue at my fingertips - and even Queen Victoria of Beckham has relatively smooth locks and we all know what a fashion victim she is!

Anonymous said...

Darling, continue to straighten - just use one of those gas tube powered thingys and dear sweet Max will be none the wiser. Chemical straightening is just awful.....Janey had it done once, in her words "me hair wouldn't bend, it was dead stiff".

Now you wouldn't want that would you?

Anonymous said...

Dulwich Mum
You know - its not the listening that is the problem -whatever happened to seen but NOT heard?

dulwichmum said...

Perfect Nunhead mum of one,

I would love to have hair that would not bend!

Lovely Great Big Veg Challenge,

I really am terribly soft you know!

Omega Mum said...

You stand, as always, as a monument to us all.

Anonymous said...

I'm constantly harangued to turn off the lights when I leave a room.
When I was a child I was nagged to do the same thing, by my grandparents.
I thought being a grown-up meant I could damn well leave the lights on if I wanted to.
Apparently not.

dulwichmum said...

Darling Omega Mum,

You really are such a prop!

Perfect Beta Mum,

Is there no end to this torture? Shall I open us a bottle?

aims said...

We are trying in our little part of the world. You know - cloth bags instead of plastic..those little swirling light bulbs instead of the old regular ones...

I do my part as best as I can. I still wear my furs instead of those plastic fake things...one has to help the environment as much as one can..

dulwichmum said...

Perfect friend!

I am so very glad indeed that you pointed this out, an acrylic is simply not a mink, and man made fibres are so very harmful to the environment. We all must be sure to play our part...sigh!

Unknown said...

Breitling Bentley
were originally designed for aviation pilot and some of the very technical functions they employ, have in fact turned out to be what has made them some of the most coveted watches today. Breitling Windrider
, named after Montbrillant Datora
, who founded his company in 1884 in Switzerland, have over the years become one of the top luxury watch brands, even though luxury was not what initially drove their creation. Since Breitling Avenger
really are made for men (there are a few women's watches), it's mostly male celebrities that have taken to toting them around their wrists.