The Dulwichmum blog has moved. You can catch up with her at Dulwichmum

If you have kindly linked to this site in the past, I would appreciate it if you could check your link and change to http://www.dulwichmum.net
Thanks

Wednesday 19 March 2008

In charge

I am afraid that I have been unable to blog for the last few days (sigh)...

I have been so very distressed indeed, confined to my bed with a migraine so frightfully intense, I was convinced that the end was nigh. We attended our tiny flower's parent teacher meeting on Friday evening, and received a report of her "outstanding insight" into any given situation, her "articulate, expressive and artistic nature"... OHMYGOD! I fled the building, I feared the shame would kill me stone dead! Whatever am I to do (sniff)?

It all seemed to be going so very well to begin with, in the midst of the report my eyes began to wonder about the classroom, searching for evidence of my darling girl's art work. On the wall behind Mrs Darling were sweet child crafted portraits of family groups. Each child had apparently painted a perfect picture of Daddy (the tallest), followed by mummy and a small selection of siblings. I smiled to myself as I reminisced that I had painted such a picture myself in school as a child. My daddy was tall and had wore hat, my mother was smaller and there were four of us tiny sisters and our cat "Snookie."

"Which picture has my munchkin Freya painted," I purred. Mrs Darling directed us to a composition right behind us in which the mother was the tallest member of the family group (in a stripey cardigan - Missoni, clearly) followed by tiny daddy, big Freya and small Max!!! OHMYGOD! I almost expired.

"Has the child no idea of how very influential indeed her daddy is?" I cried, shocked and horrified (clutching my new Burberry Prorsum The Mason Warrior Bag to my breast).

James then pipped in with his contribution;

"Influential is one thing darling, in-charge is something completely different."

...I may never recover. James and Mrs Darling both laughed out loud. He has stopped laughing now I can tell you, the trouble in the City will keep him busy for at least the rest of the week (and they are still trying to work out who started that rumour!).

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOD! I can't believe you have got that bag Sob Sob!

dulwichmum said...

Sweet Marriedwithfour,

I know, isn't it divine? You don't think it makes me look like a fashion victim do you?

DM

Anonymous said...

It makes you look like you have class, honey. So glad I have found a like minded mummy!
Sorry if you already have my comment - I wasn't sure it went!

Potty Mummy said...

Now THAT is definitely the bag of a woman in charge...

Gorgeous!

aims said...

I didn't know - I'm sorry! You are obviously a very tall size 00 fashion model to be able to carry off that Missoni with the Burberry Prorsum...

And here I thought I was chatting with one of us - (the sometimes washed and waddling).

I bow at your feet oh slim one...

Rosie said...

Dulwich Mum, clearly you are the one wearing the (designer) trousers in your family!

PS James isn't trying to bring down the Halifax is he? Should I sell my shares?

dulwichmum said...

Sweet Marriedwithfour,

I am delighted to have made another friend. I love your glasses.

Oh darling Pottymummy,

Do you think so ... (sigh) I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Lovely Aims,

We can be whoever we chose on the internet dear heart! I myself and a six foot tall retired bricklayer!

Perfect Rosie,

If you promise not to tell a soul... I started that rumour just to annoy him!

zoe said...

My children won't let me attend Parents Evenings because they know that I want to smash the heads in of half the teachers.

Honestly, it's for their own good - especially their English teacher.

Nunhead Mum of One said...

David has asked me to ask you to stop giving me ideas for potential birthday presents - he constantly has a calculator in his hands these days. I say do what I do and ignore him......

dulwichmum said...

Darling Zoe,

Isn't parenting frightfully stressful? Let me pour you a drink.

Sweet Nunhead mum of one,

That man of yours is obsessed with figures, just so long as the one figure he is most concerned with is yours - you can have anything you want!

rilly super said...

darling I'm not surprised you have a migraine, you probably just caught a glimpse of the pattern on that cardy in the mirror - oh dear, I think the the epileptic boy the other side of the village has just been set off by my clicking on the link, I had best get my head down..

dulwichmum said...

OHMYGOD Rilly darling! What are you saying? Have I made a fashion faux pas? At times I am just like the emporer with his new clothes, I shall toss it in the door of the charity shop first thing when they re-open and purchase myself something far more tasteful - like a mink coat.

Unknown said...

Today, you can see Hardy clothing
stores here and there especially all over the world. If you're planning to purchase some hardy shirt
products as a Christmas gift for your families and friends, you can also purchase online, just please visit the hardy shirt
online. With a lot of products to identify your self with and the unique style that is very easy to identify, anyone can express one's self through hardy shirts
Merchandises.