The Dulwichmum blog has moved. You can catch up with her at Dulwichmum

If you have kindly linked to this site in the past, I would appreciate it if you could check your link and change to http://www.dulwichmum.net
Thanks

Saturday 10 February 2007

Room for Improvement

I went to the beauticians today - not for anything special or injectable (I don't do that) - just some regular maintenance work. You know; a facial, eyelash and brow dye, lip wax, manicure and pedicure.

Anyhow, the young lady providing these services for me just did not seem to have her mind on her work at all. She kept dashing out of the room for a sob and blowing her nose loudly drowning out the sound of wind chimes and whale music. Tania's much loved boyfriend is returning home to Poland, as he finds it impossible to make ends meet in London.

Poor girl, this is just dreadful for her - could she not confine her weeping to her coffee break? It was really rather depressing, my little treat was completely spoiled.

Anyhow, I swear at one point, she almost waxed off my eyebrows and dyed my moustache black. It was a real 'near miss' situation. I feel very strongly that these girls should be vetted much more rigorously, there should at least be a national register. I am off to a conference in Europe next week, and I do not intend to be known by international colleagues as 'black beard'. Needless to say, I did not leave a tip........

No comments: