The Dulwichmum blog has moved. You can catch up with her at Dulwichmum

If you have kindly linked to this site in the past, I would appreciate it if you could check your link and change to http://www.dulwichmum.net
Thanks

Thursday 15 February 2007

Working Mother

This morning I packed my trusty Mulberry overnight bag and was taken by taxi to Heathrow in order to attend a conference. I must admit to feeling rather choked, leaving my sweet little ones behind making a sponge cake with the au pair. Am I doing the right thing, working outside the home while my darlings are on half term?

On reflection, it is best for the entire family if I am out of the country when they use my wonderful Kitchen Aid mixer and Nigella cookware. The whole scenario makes me more than a little emotional. I should imagine every surface in the house is sticky by now, OHMYGOD.....

I can't handle too much of this messy creative play, and feel much safer when they are safely occupied on the PC playing with their Muzzy French CD rom.

No comments: